email attachment help :)

Thread: email attachment help :)

Martin Fasani Guest

Default email attachment help :)

This is the code:<BR><BR> Set objNewMail = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")<BR> &#039CDO Colaboration data objects for NT.<BR>with (objNewMail) <BR> .From = mailsender<BR>.To = mailrec <BR>.Subject = mailsubject<BR>.Body = mailmessage<BR>.BodyFormat = CdoBodyFormatHTML<BR>.MailFormat = CdoMailFormatHTML <BR>.Importance = CdoNormal <BR>if fileAtt&#060;&#062;"" Then<BR> .AttachURL "fileAtt",file<BR> Response.Write "Attachment: "&pcpath&"<BR>"<BR>End if<BR>.Send<BR>end with<BR>Set objNewMail = Nothing <BR>Response.Write mailmessage<BR><BR>I&#039m getting the values from a form:<BR><BR>&#060;form name="form1" method="post" action="send-att.asp?mode=send" &#062;<BR>&#060;input type="FILE" name="att"&#062;<BR> &#060;input type="submit" name="Submit" value="ENVIAR"&#062;<BR>&#060;/form&#062;<BR><BR>Is there something obiously wrong?<BR>I&#039m getting this error<BR>error &#039 8007007b&#039 <BR>The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. <BR><BR>I discovered why.. Because if you insert "C:/image.jpg" it &#039s the C:/ folder of the server, not of your machine.<BR>Seems pretty obvius, but it wasn&#039t for me.<BR><BR>Does anyone have a emailer with a attach code to get the file from your computer and send it through a remote server?<BR><BR>If I don&#039t make the attchURL, the emailer works fine.<BR>Thanks in advance. <BR><BR>the URL I&#039m testing is:<BR>

Default RE: email attachment help :)

you can&#039t do this with attachURL - what you need to do is attach a file. grab an upload component. save the uploaded file to disk, then attach it, cleaning up the file later (some components do this more or less automatically)<BR><BR>j