Objects for all app pages

Thread: Objects for all app pages

Default Objects for all app pages

I created a global.asa page in root directory of my project with code:<BR>&#060;script language="vbscript" runat="server"&#062;<BR>SUB Application_OnStart<BR> Dim gfAPP_FCL<BR> Dim UV<BR><BR>Set UV = CreateObject("UniVerse.Session.1")<BR>UV.Username = "DKRAFT"<BR>UV.Password = "KRAFT"<BR>UV.AccountPath = "PRODUCERS"<BR>UV.HostName = "fb_uvi"<BR>Response.Write "Establishing Connection.....Processing Data"<BR>UV.Connect<BR><BR>Set gfAPP_FCL = UV.OpenFile("APPLICATION.FCL")<BR><BR>END SUB<BR><BR>Why can&#039t all pages of this application see these objects. I need to use different properties of these objects in different pages. We physically rebooted web server after page was created. Why isn&#039t project seeing these as global. Do you need an include statement on each subsequent page? None of the articles re: global.asa pages is real specific.

Default RE: Objects for all app pages

In this case, the best way to go is to have an include file, that would do all the initialization for you. It would be much cleaner and safer. Add it at the begining of each page(where needed), and then make sure to destroy all the objects at the end of the page.