Response to Alex (Again)

Thread: Response to Alex (Again)

Default Response to Alex (Again)

Application.Lock<BR>Application("File") = Request.Form("gfAPP_FCL")<BR>Application("Session" ) = Request.Form("UV")<BR>Application.UnLock<BR><BR>Wh en I try to use the variable name that can be accessed on every page Application("File").Read<BR> Application("File").Write<BR>It doesn&#039t respond to the properties I reference. <BR><BR>I&#039m still not understanding I guess.<BR>Trying to learn this on my own.<BR><BR>

Default RE: Response to Alex (Again)

No, you will not be able to do it this way. When you say <BR>Application("ObjectName") = Object, it does the &#039flat&#039 copy of that object, but not creating new object, so methods that Object had will not be available with Application("ObjectName"). <BR>I would recommend to stay away from Application variables as much as possible.

Default RE: Response to Alex (Again)

If you still realy want to have the global object, first – why don’t you use Session variables, second – try doing something like this:<BR><BR>Set Application("Session") = CreateObject("UniVerse.Session.1")<BR>Set MyArray = CreateObject("UniVerse.DynamicArray.1")<BR><BR>App lication("Session").Username = "***"<BR>Application("Session").Password = "**"<BR>Application("Session").AccountPath = "PRODUCERS"<BR>Application("Session").HostName = "fb_uvi"<BR>Response.Write "Establishing Connection.....Processing Data"<BR>Application("Session").Connect<BR><BR>Set Application("File") = Application("Session").OpenFile("APPLICATION.FCL") ( or Set Session("File") = UV.OpenFile("APPLICATION.FCL"))<BR>