Open a Page,Submit a Form,Close a page

Thread: Open a Page,Submit a Form,Close a page

Sid Guest

Default Open a Page,Submit a Form,Close a page

Anyone know how to do this without having the *Do you want to close this window* prompt ?????<BR><BR>I have tried &#060;body onload="form.submit();window.close()"&#062;<BR>but that **** prompt keeps appearing ;-(<BR><BR>Help me please ( cos i&#039m stupid )

Los Angeles, CA

Default RE: Open a Page,Submit a Form,Close a page

If you open a NEW window and in that same window call the window.close() function the prompt will NOT come.<BR><BR>In the form you want to call the then in the NEW window you are submitting it on LOAD?? <BR><BR>what is that all about?? If you have the information already then why open a new window and why submit immediately..what are you tring to do<BR><BR>try this<BR>&#060;SCRIPT ID=clientEventHandlersJS LANGUAGE=javascript&#062;<BR>&#060;!--<BR><BR>function window_onload() <BR>{<BR>formname.action = "whatever.asp"<BR>formname.submit()<BR>window.clos e()<BR>}<BR>//--&#062;<BR>&#060;/SCRIPT&#062;<BR><BR>This "should" work

Sid Guest

Default Thank You

Thanks m8<BR><BR>Its working fine.<BR><BR>What i am doing is a whois with cdomain but i know that the domains i&#039m checking are registered because they are on my list to transfer in. My co-worker wants to be able to check these a few times a day but keeps ending up with lots of windows open.<BR>Hence the need to open the page submit the form and close the page again without any prompts etc.<BR><BR>So once again thanks very much<BR><BR>Sid