Concatenating selections from <SELECT ... mul

Thread: Concatenating selections from <SELECT ... mul

Sara Norton Guest

Default Concatenating selections from <SELECT ... mul

I have an ASP form that is used to gather parameters to run an Actuate report submitted using POST to the webserver, which re-directs to the Actuate Webcast. This then interprets the form data and goes off and generates the report.<BR><BR>The standard form provided by Actuate does not use selection, only text boxes, but the customer wants to drag a list of Regions from the database for the user to select. I have implemented this successfully for a single Region. However, the user should be able to select several Regions, and have the report run for all of them. If you turn the selection box into a &#039multiple&#039, the data submitted is of the form:<BR><BR>&#060;Field&#062;= &#060;Value&#062;<BR>....<BR>Region=&#060;Value1&# 062;<BR>Region=&#060;Value2&#062;<BR>....<BR><BR>T he Region field has a separate entry for each of the values selected, which Actuate does not handle - it just picks up the first one it finds. In order for this to work, the list needs to be sent (comma-delimited, say) in a single list to Actuate. So, I want to know if I can do anything on the client, in Javascript or suchlike, so that all the values are concatenated together before the submitted data is sent to the server.

Steve Magara Guest

Default RE: Concatenating selections from <SELECT ...

If comma-delimited is ok you&#039re in luck. You get that for free in the posted Request field value by just allowing multiple selection. Commas should not be allowed in the data, itself.<BR><BR>ie:<BR>&#060;SELECT name=select1 multiple&#062;<BR><BR>Hope it helps.<BR>