Good Error 80004005

Thread: Good Error 80004005

Default Good Error 80004005

Hi I am trying to just connect to access database from an asp page. I installed latest MDAC 2.6 for that have used following connection strings for the connection. <BR><BR>&#039connstring = "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" & Server.mappath("rajtestdb.mdb") & ";"<BR>&#039connstring = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=rajtestdb.mdb;persist security info=false"<BR>&#039ConnString = "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" & Server.MapPath("rajtestdb.mdb") & ";uid=admin;pwd=password"<BR><BR>&#039ConnStri ng = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=E:WebRajesh
    ewOrders.mdb;Persist Security Info=False<BR><BR>Also tried to use MSDASQL.1 provider but was not able to get the connection. <BR><BR>Reading through the different websites discovered that it may have to do with NT 4.0 permissions and so set all the permissions to full access.<BR><BR>Error is different when I use different string. for e.g.<BR>1. Using MSDASQL.1 provided I get<BR> datasource name is too long.<BR>2. sometimes I get error with jet engine and other.<BR>3. Sometiem get unspecified error !!!<BR><BR>Well the error number mainly remains same all the time 80004005.<BR>Can anybody help me with this please.<BR>

2. #2 Guest

Default What version of Access?

connstring = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=" & Server.mappath("rajtestdb.mdb") & ";persist security info=false"<BR><BR>This is the type I use and it works every time. It does of course assume that the you db file is in the same folder as the script. If the above does not work try substituting "OLEDB.3.51" instead of "OLEDB.4.0".<BR><BR>I do not understand why you would even try MSDASQL.1 provider, as that specifically is for Sql Server. <BR><BR>Another reason doesn&#039t work may be that the folder does not have the correct permissions. For the database you need file system read/write access, and you need to HTTP access denied, so that they can&#039t download you DB file. See you Administrator about this.

Default RE: What version of Access?

Well, <BR><BR>I tried using those things. The Permissions to all the folders are set to full. I also don&#039t understand why it happens so. I will try more .<BR>MSDASQL is the provider which can go along with any data sources and that is what I think. I will confirm it though.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Rajesh