Target the output of an ASP to a DIV

Thread: Target the output of an ASP to a DIV

Rajesh Chandwani Guest

Default Target the output of an ASP to a DIV

Hi,<BR><BR>I want to target the output of a asp page to a DIV on the same page without using frames. The following code should give you an idea of what I am trying to do<BR><BR>&#060;SCRIPT language=vbscript&#062;<BR>Sub menuClick()<BR> &#039Here I need to call the getData.asp<BR> strASPCall = "getData.asp?info=" +<BR><BR> ??? What do I do next<BR> ??? I can call but that opens a new<BR> window. I want my output to appear in data DIV<BR>End Sub<BR>&#060;/SCRIPT&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;DIV id=menu onClick=menuClick()&#062;<BR> &#060;DIV id=Customers&#062;Customers&#060;/DIV&#062;<BR> &#060;DIV id=Products&#062;Products&#060;/DIV&#062;<BR>&#060;/DIV&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;DIV id=data&#062;<BR>&#060;/DIV&#062;<BR><BR><BR>Thanks in advance for all help.

Default RE: Target the output of an ASP to a DIV

use an IFRAME (and LAYER SRC="" for Netscrape)<BR><BR>j

Rajesh Chandwani Guest

Default Overlapping DIV & IFRAME cause the DIV to go under

Hi,<BR><BR>Thanks for the iframe suggestion, it does what I wanted and refreshes itself whenever I cange the src. However it does have the problem I faced with frames namely,<BR><BR>I have implemented a menu using a div, whose position I change based upon the user moving the mouse over various options. Whenever the menu div overlaps with the iframe, it gets hidden behind it. <BR><BR>1. Is there any way I can make the menu div appear on top of the iframe?<BR>2. Is there any way I can dynamically adjust the height of the iframe based on its contents.<BR><BR>Thanks in advance<BR>Rajesh Chandwani<BR>