Xml Doubts

Thread: Xml Doubts

Default Xml Doubts

Hi<BR><BR>I am a beginer to XML and going thro different sites on XML to study the basics. I came across the article "Getting Started with XML" in www.4guysfromrolla.com. The artcle really explains well about the concept with an example (Widgets). But I still have the following doubts referring to the above example. Can anyone explain me the following basic questions related to a typical scenario like this(Widgets).<BR><BR>1. How do we(in this case- a Widget retailer) transform the data from Database into XML format? Do we use ADO recordset to retrieve?<BR><BR>2. How do a Widget Information web site access this XML data from different Widget retailers? Where the retailers will keep their XML document?<BR><BR>3.How do the Widget information web site combines all the XML information obtained from difdferent retailers? For eg. if the data is to be sorted on price from diferent vendors, how is it posible?<BR><BR>Can anyone pls clarify my doubts on these issues Or giving refence to some other good example?<BR><BR>Thanks in Advance<BR><BR>Vik

Default RE: Xml Doubts

1. use adPersistXML or script it yourself to write using FSO<BR>2. on the web server<BR>3. plan ahead and centralise<BR><BR>j