Microsoft VBScript runtime error ' 800a0046�

Thread: Microsoft VBScript runtime error ' 800a0046�

Russ Leathe Guest

Default Microsoft VBScript runtime error ' 800a0046�

I using CDO to send an e-mail via the SMTP server on our<BR>MS NT 4.0 (sp5) IIS server. Below is my code and the related error message. any ideas?<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR> Set CDOMail = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")<BR> CDOMail.From = "admin@www.gordon1.gordon.edu"<BR> CDOMail.Subject = "Test of CDOMail ASP Page"<BR> CDOMail.To = "garth@gordon.edu"<BR> CDOMail.Body = "This message sent using CDOMail"<BR> CDOMail.Send<BR>%&#062;<BR>&#060;html&#062;<BR>&#0 60;head&#062;<BR>&#060;/head&#062;<BR>&#060;body&#062;<BR>Mail was sent successfully!<BR><BR><BR>&#060;a href="mailtest.asp"&#062;Back&#060;/a&#062;<BR>&#060;/body&#062;<BR>&#060;/html&#062;<BR><BR>error.....<BR><BR>Microsoft VBScript runtime error &#039 800a0046&#039 <BR><BR>Permission denied <BR><BR>/CEWeb/CDOTest.asp, line 7 <BR>

Default RE: Microsoft VBScript runtime error ' 800a004

You need to make sure that IUSR_machinename, the default IIS userid, has write permissions in your SMTP Queue directory. This is probably:<BR><BR>C:InetPubmailrootqueue<BR><BR>but may depend, as it can be altered through the IIS setup. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Russ Leathe Guest

Default RE: Microsoft VBScript runtime error ' 800a004

Thanks for the info...<BR><BR>I set permission on the InetPubmailrootqueue and<BR>InetPubmailrootdrop directories so that <BR>IUSER_machinename has write permissions.<BR><BR>When I re-ran the CDO ASP I received the same "permission denied"<BR>error. This happens at line 7 (CDOMail.Send) .<BR><BR>I installed JMail for the fun of it and JMail works fine. However, I like the features of CDO and would really like to get this working.<BR><BR>Any ideas?<BR><BR>thanks!<BR><BR>russ