EXCEL AND ASP???

Thread: EXCEL AND ASP???

DBESTERMAN Guest

Default EXCEL AND ASP???

I am using excel VBA code to pull data from other programs sugh as Attachmate and am wondering....can I program an excel VBA macro or VB program to go to an ASP web page and grab data from certain fields, assign them to variables and post that data in an excel spread sheet? I know this is pretty specialized but this will get me started in the right direction.<BR><BR>Any help is greatly appreciated!!<BR><BR>Thanks!

Anders Back Guest

Default RE: EXCEL AND ASP???

I read this in the Excel help and I thought that this may be interesting for you.<BR><BR>From Excel help:<BR>===================<BR>Create a Web query<BR><BR>If you know how to create forms in Hypertext Markup Language (HTML), you can create a Web query to retrieve external data from a World Wide Web source or intranet source. Microsoft Excel includes sample Web queries that you can modify by changing the HTML code by using WordPad or another text editor. You can find these samples in the Queries folder where you installed Microsoft Office.<BR><BR>The Microsoft Office 97 Resource Kit contains information about how to create a Web query. For information about how to obtain the Office Resource Kit, click