script execution

Thread: script execution

Default script execution

Shouldn&#039t an asp script work properly in a cgi-bin directory? I&#039m getting the following error:<BR>HTTP Error 403<BR><BR>403.1 Forbidden: Execute Access Forbidden<BR><BR>This error can be caused if you try to execute a CGI, ISAPI, or other executable program from a directory that does not allow<BR>programs to be executed.<BR><BR>Please contact the Web server&#039s administrator if the problem persists.<BR>There are already a couple of Perl scripts in the CGI-BIN directory that are working fine so I&#039m ASSUMING that execute permissions are already set correctly for that directory.<BR><BR>Thanks, <BR>Michael

Ian Stallings Guest

Default RE: script execution

They wont work correctly under UNIX based servers<BR>unless a third party app like ChiliASP is installed.<BR>Verify with the webmaster that it is possible to run ASP&#039s.

I&#039m sorry, I forgot to mention that this is on an NT web server.<BR><BR>Michael

Hmm, that is weird. What does the asp do?<BR>Is it a form? and do you administrate the server?

I&#039m attemting to use an order form...form.htm that calls the asp file....response.asp that thanks the person for their order and displays the items ordered, an online receipt that can be printed out, so to speak. I don&#039t administer the server. It&#039s a local ISP but unfortunately I haven&#039t been able to get much help from their sys admin.<BR><BR>Michael