Help: ODBC access problem

Thread: Help: ODBC access problem

Brian Bozarth Guest

Default Help: ODBC access problem

My code is working on our dev server but I am getting an access error on the client&#039s ISP&#039s server. I have access permissions to the directory that contains the Access database...right now the asp page is using only select queries. I have even verified this by putting the asp page and database in a directory that is forcing a login. Any ideas? I&#039ve read something in Technet that indicated that I actually needed access in the WINNT folder to create and delete temporary files but they weren&#039t very specific about it. Is that it?<BR><BR>strPath:D:Inetpubdrozadmindrozdb.mdb<BR >strConnectionString:driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; dbq=D:Inetpubdrozadmindrozdb.mdb <BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file &#039(unknown)&#039. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data. <BR><BR>/admin/news_db.asp, line 24

Default RE: Help: ODBC access problem

Do you have access to the directory?<BR>If Winnt is used, the folder&#039s setting override the security set by IIS or SiteServer.<BR><BR>It is well possible that you&#039ll have to add a username and password, or change the permissions of the directory.<BR><BR>Bart.

Default RE: forgot one thing

You do need permission to add and delete temporary files on that directory. When youy access access, a lock-file isq created to avoid other users from interfering with the database.<BR><BR>If you can&#039t create a lock-file, an error should occur.<BR><BR>Bart.