Thread: ayalamite

ayalamite Guest

Default ayalamite

i am working with windows 98.<BR>i install pws in my computer and i write tis code:<BR>&#060;%<BR>set c=server.createobject("adodb.connection")<BR>c.ope n "dsn=MyDSN;"<BR>c.execute "create table first_table (Name char, Tel char)"<BR>%&#062;<BR>Your table has been created<BR><BR><BR>and i receive this message in the adress:<BR><BR>Microsoft VBScript runtime error &#039 800a01ad&#039 <BR><BR>ActiveX component can&#039t create object <BR><BR>/table_creation.asp, line 2 <BR><BR><BR> why?<BR><BR><BR>thank you<BR>

Default RE: ayalamite

I also installed pws for windows98 on my pc,<BR>but I noticed that you need to install asp-components seperately.<BR>Make sure you do have the object.<BR><BR>(search the registry)<BR><BR>Bart.

ayalamite Guest

Default RE: ayalamite

how i do for install asp-components seperately<BR><BR>thank

EGOZ.org Guest

Default PWS & ASP installs

&nbsp;<BR>PWS and the ASP components most certainly can be installed in one single installation session. From the Win98 Second Edition CD-ROM goto the Add-on&#039s directory, and you&#039ll find the PWS installation.<BR><BR>Once the installation procedure has begun make sure to investigate the *individual* items for each installation category. You&#039ll find ASP and its related documentation (circa 64MB documentation, kinda big, eh?). In this way you can install both simultaneously (i&#039ve done so countless times, and this is the normal method).<BR><BR>Also, the Microsoft Transaction Server stuff will probably not install correctly. This is a known issue with Microsoft, and a patch can be located on their website along with installation instructions --- BUT, if this MTS installation error will not be an issue in terms of running ASP&#039s on your PWS.<BR><BR>Hope this helps!<BR><BR>.rob adams<BR>webmaster@egoz.org