Random ASP Pages?

Thread: Random ASP Pages?

clairmb@terra.com.br Guest

Default Random ASP Pages?

Hi,<BR> <BR>I have ten different ASP pages, that I would like to display randomly.<BR> <BR>I did try to modify this code that I did find online but, there is an error, it just display this on my page:<BR> <BR>&#039random&#039 10.asp&#039<BR> <BR>What should I change in my code to make it work?<BR> <BR>I hope to receive news from you soon.<BR> <BR> <BR>Simon Baillargeon<BR> <BR>&#060;%<BR>randomize <BR>dim textRandomNmumber<BR>textRandomNmuber = rnd*10<BR>textRandomNmuber = int(textRandomNmuber)+1<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;%r esponse.write "random"&textRandomNmuber&".asp"%&#062; <BR>

Paully Guest

Default RE: Random ASP Pages?

A. I take it you know your spelling in the variable names was wrong and confusing.<BR><BR>2. Why are you adding 1 to the random number?<BR><BR>C. If I&#039m not mistaken Randomize does the immediate next line so move your dim.<BR><BR>4. The correct syntax for response.write("sometext " & Somevariable & "somemoretext")<BR><BR>Good luck<BR><BR>&#060;% <BR>dim textRandomNmuber<BR><BR>Randomize<BR>textRandomNmu ber = Int(Rnd * 10)<BR><BR> %&#062;<BR>&#060;%response.write("random" & textRandomNmuber & ".asp")%&#062;