VB 6 dll and Header files & ASP

Thread: VB 6 dll and Header files & ASP

Alice Guest

Default VB 6 dll and Header files & ASP

I have a simple Web application using ASP, that uses a lot of SQL statements. I also have several users who will be hitting the web pages simultaneously. I use SQL server 6.5<BR><BR>I want to move the SQL statements out of the asp files. How can I do it? DO I use include files OR create a VB dll that uses Microsoft Transaction Server to deal with the sQl statments. Any help would be appreciated. <BR><BR>Also instead of creating a DSN-less connection on every page with a SQL what would be a better simpler method? <BR><BR>thanks.<BR><BR>Alice

Nathen Grass Guest

Default RE: VB 6 dll and Header files & ASP

Your best bet is to take all your SQL and put them in Stored Procedures on the database and call them from your ASP page or you can also create a DLL that calls the Stored Procedures and return recordsets or formatted HTML back to your ASP page. Stored Procedures run faster than dynamic SQL statements because they are already compiled and SQL Server knows the execution plan for them. In my opinion you shouldn&#039t ever put SQL statements in a DLL because whenever your database or table structure changes you have to modify the DLL, recompile, re-register, etc. This very tedious when debugging.