I have a series of asp pages that send information to a series of tables in an Access2000 database. I am using Win2000 Adv server. As a person gets on and starts the questionnaire every time they click to send their information and go to the next page it should add a new record. I tried autonumber but it didn&#039t work. Then I was talking to greg (thank you greg) and he showed me how to generate the number in another table. The number generates which is fine, but the table with the ID numbers in it will not advance to the next record. After the first entry is put in it comes back with an error. This is due to the fact that the rest of the tables are moving ahead in record numbers (record 1, 2 and so on) but the ID number table is not advancing to the next record, but rather staying in the same cell. I got a general idea on how to make it go ahead but everything I&#039ve tried doesn&#039t work. HELP!<BR><BR>Here is the code (VBScript):<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR> Dim sSql, rs, NextID<BR> sSql = "SELECT NextID FROM IdLookUp"<BR> Set rs = objConn.Execute(sSql)<BR> If rs.eof and rs.bof then<BR> sSql = "INSERT INTO IdLookUp(NextId) VALUES(1)"<BR> objConn.Execute sSql<BR> NextId = 1<BR> Else<BR> NextId = rs(0)<BR> End If<BR> rs.close<BR> set rs = nothing<BR> sSql = "UPDATE IdLookUp Set NextID = NextId + 1"<BR> objConn.Execute sSql<BR> <BR> Dim objRS, bolAlreadyExists<BR> If ((Request.Form("agegp") = "") OR (Request.Form("gender") = "") _<BR> OR (Request.Form("cempstatus") = "") OR (Request.Form("ethinicity") = "")) Then<BR><BR> Response.Write "&#060;A HREF=&#039eap.html&#039&#062;"<BR> Response.Write "You must enter values for certain fields."<BR> Response.Write "&#060;/A&#062;"<BR> Else<BR> bolAlreadyExists = False<BR> Set objRS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR> objRS.Open "personalq", objConn, , adLockOptimistic, adCmdTable<BR> Do While Not (objRS.EOF OR bolAlreadyExists)<BR> If rs("NextId") = sSql then<BR> bolAlreadyExists = true<BR> End if<BR> objRS.MoveNext<BR> Loop<BR> If Not bolAlreadyExists Then<BR> objRS.AddNew<BR> objRS("NextID") = NextId<BR> objRS("AgeGp") = Request.Form("agegp")<BR> objRS("Gender") = Request.Form("gender")<BR> objRS("CEmpStatus") = Request.Form("cempstatus")<BR> objRS("Ethinicity") = Request.Form("ethinicity")<BR> objRS("EducationalLvl") = Request.Form("educationallvl")<BR> objRS("OccArea") = Request.Form("occarea")<BR> objRS("Occupation") = Request.Form("occupation")<BR> objRS("Country") = Request.Form("country")<BR> objRS("CanUSRegion") = Request.Form("canusregion")<BR> objRS("MBTI") = Request.Form("mbti")<BR> objRS.Update<BR> End If<BR> objRS.Close<BR> Set objRS = Nothing<BR> <BR> End If<BR> objConn.Close<BR> Set objConn = Nothing<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>Any takers? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.