HTTP Error 400

Thread: HTTP Error 400

Default HTTP Error 400

Hi, guys<BR>My problem is:<BR>I have several ASP pages, that have Responce.Redirect in them, which is passing the parametr into the next page(Response.Redirect("../FileName.asp?h_Temp= Temp" )).Whenever I hit Redirect line, I get the following error:<BR><BR>HTTP Error 400<BR>400 Bad Request<BR>Due to malformed syntax, the request could not be understood by the server. The client should not repeat the request without modifications.<BR><BR>When I remove the parametr to pass in(i.e. just say Response.Redirect(../FileName.asp), it works fine. Another thing, that it is not happenening on all clients: some work fine, and you can use that passed parametr, but the other ones would error off(which makes me think it could be client specific issue, like browser configuration or settings).<BR>Please, advise.<BR>Thankx.<BR>

Default RE: HTTP Error 400

Well, it is supposed to work just fine.<BR>Make sure your "Temp" does not have spaces between the words (Netscape is not so smart to change them into %20 as IE does.<BR>

Temp has spaces, but we&#039re running IE4-5 only.

Darren Hoefgen Guest

what I would check...<BR><BR>user server.urlencode( TEMP ) &#060;-- the stuff with spaces in it<BR><BR>make sure your slashes face the right direction...<BR><BR>change response.redirect to response.write, then cut and paste the output into the browser, and see if you can get to where you want to go...