VBScript Runtime Error

Thread: VBScript Runtime Error

Default VBScript Runtime Error

My page reads my sql statement and then fails with this error. I can&#039t find any reference to this error except in regards to the exchange server, but there the return error message has more than " as an explination.<BR><BR>Microsoft VBScript runtime error &#039 800a01a8&#039 <BR><BR>Object required: "<BR><BR>Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong?<BR><BR>

Default RE: VBScript Runtime Error

Either your connection object, command object or recordset object is not able to be created.Check whether u have opened the connection or u have given connection string to recordset.Write a little code in msg then i can help more

I generally see that error when I have been &#039cut and pasting&#039 and a something is not named the same. Such as: oConn instead of objConn. Check your spelling!

IanO Guest

My stumbling into this error was that I had not used Set.<BR><BR>I created a function to create the Connection object.<BR>When it was passed back to the Sub Main, I forgot to use<BR>Set. It cost me hours. I am starting to believe that we should do all this in VB DLLs because we would benefit from better debugging. Of course, MS could help out with a beeter debugger for VBScript.