Hello. I know this topic has worn out its welcome in general, but in searching the archives I haven&#039t found this issue specifically addressed. It&#039s really holding me back. A table with tens of thousands of records has a field where many values have apostrophes in them. I know it&#039s rotten to not replace them with two quotes when putting them IN the database, but the creation of the table is beyond my control, and there&#039s no WAY I am going through these records manually to replace the apostrophes every week.<BR><BR>Anyhow, this is what I&#039m doing to try to update the field in question. I get the classic message &#039Errors occurred&#039 on the first instance of a value with an apostrophe...<BR><BR>Set conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>conn.Op en "PROVIDER=MSDASQL;DRIVER={SQL Server};SERVER=111.222.333.444;DATABASE=myDB;UID=m yID;PWD=myPW;"<BR><BR>Set rs =Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>sql = "SELECT product_name FROM tblProducts"<BR>rs.Open sql, conn, 1, 3<BR><BR>If Not rs.EOF Then<BR>***Do Until rs.EOF<BR>******rs("product_name") = replace(rs("product_name"), "&#039", "&#039&#039")<BR>******rs.Update<BR>**** **rs.MoveNext<BR>***Loop<BR>***rs.Close<BR >***Set rs = Nothing<BR>End If<BR><BR>Do I need to change the way I am asking it to make the replacement?<BR><BR>Thanks!<BR>sinD