Data passed from one Screen to Another

Thread: Data passed from one Screen to Another

vijay Guest

Default Data passed from one Screen to Another

when i go from One page to Another ,i want the variable<BR>to be passed and the related data should be populated when<BR>i go to the second screen .if you can help me with some code<BR>it would be great.

Default RE: Data passed from one Screen to Another

Page1.asp:<BR>&#060;form action="page2.asp" method=get&#062;<BR>&#060;input type=text name="variable1" value="hello"&#062;<BR>&#060;input type=submit value="click me"&#062;<BR>&#060;/form&#062;<BR><BR>Page2.asp:<BR>Dim var1<BR>var1 = request.form("variable1")<BR><BR>with this code , u get the value of variable1 from page1.asp into var1 of Page2.asp.Work done

Page1.asp:<BR>&#060;form action="page2.asp" method=POST&#062;<BR>&#060;input type=HIDDEN name="variable1" value="hello"&#062;<BR>&#060;input type=submit value="click me"&#062;<BR>&#060;/form&#062;<BR><BR>Page2.asp:<BR>Dim var1<BR>var1 = request.form("variable1")<BR><BR>I would suggest two things:<BR><BR> 1-Use a HIDDEN form element in page1.asp, unless you want users to be able to modify the value of variable1<BR> 2-The form method should be POST if you want to use the Request.Form object in page2.asp<BR><BR>This should work fine.<BR>

I am sure you have done an aricle (ha ha) But, learning the difference between &#039GET&#039 and &#039POST&#039and whether you want (or don&#039t want) the super long string passed through the URL. There is a subscription site that I like to go to, that displays free (historic) maps for a day or so. Because they they pass the string in the URL, it is easy to go to the &#039free&#039 one, then just edit the string and look at any map I want to. I don&#039t think that is their intention! You might be granting permission to more sensitive data (such as customer info) without realizing it.