Fax confirmation ??

Thread: Fax confirmation ??

PI Guest

Default Fax confirmation ??

I am writing a asp program, I need to fax a confirmation to client to confirm their purchase, how can I write a application to let the server automatically fax out the confirmation.<BR>Please tell me.<BR><BR>Thanks in advance

Alex Buchanan Guest

Default RE: Fax confirmation ??

There are several ways you could do this:<BR><BR>1- Have your ASP program call an external batch file or program which would automatically execute a fax program which would use custom information either passed to the fax program by command line or thru a file produced by your ASP program. I remember back in the days when I used to run a BBS (modem), there was a program which could fax anything through commandline switches. At that time, I offered a service where users could upload a text file, with the destination name/number, and this program would automatically read this information and send out the fax once the user disconnected. You can see that this is pretty much the same situation.<BR><BR>2- Write a COMponent or ActiveX DLL that reads variables/content from ASP input and then executes fax code. There might be fax components or controls available on the net, you&#039d have to look that up.<BR><BR>Hope this helps.<BR><BR>Regards,<BR><BR>Alex

Ivo Gomez Guest

Default RE: Fax confirmation ??

Try Here. There was some code<BR><BR>http://www.protonet.com/efax/<BR><BR>New ASP Custom Script for ProtoFax! <BR>Now ASP developers can easily add the features of ProtoFax into their Active Server Pages (ASP)