Please, Need help!! 3 questions

Thread: Please, Need help!! 3 questions

karel jansen Guest

Default Please, Need help!! 3 questions

Please could somebody help me: <BR><BR>I have made a selection query and write the output of the selection query to an activer server page. On that page I show also the mail addresses which I have put in a table. In the mail table mail addresses of all persons are shown. I would like to know, if it is possible that you can click on the mail address in the active server page and you start a mail program and you can send a mail (in html: a href=mailto:). <BR><BR>My next question is I inserted some pictures with certain records. When I make an asp I select also that field. But on the asp the picture doesn&#039t get shown. How can I make sure the (Ole object) is shown on the asp. <BR><BR>My last question is it also possible that if out the selection query no output comes for that moment, I can write something like sorry nothing today on the active server page. <BR><BR>Please help me, I’m very clumsy with computers so I would be very happy if somebody could explain it clearly to me

Default RE: Please, Need help!! 3 questions

Hi karel,<BR>Question1:<BR>For each person in your table:<BR>Response.Write"&#060;TD&#062;&#060;a href=&#039mailto:" & rs("email") &"&#039&#062;" & rs("Name") & "&#060;/A&#062;&#060;/TD&#062;"<BR>Question3:<BR>After you opened recordset rs:<BR>If rs.BOF then<BR>Response.Write"Sorry, no records are available." & vbNewLine<BR>else<BR>...whatever you need if there are some recods...<BR>Question3:<BR>In database table, I would store just path to the image you want to display. Put image to the server in your project directory and then refer to it in usual manner.<BR>Hope this helps<BR>

iyyappan n iyer Guest

Default images

question 2:<BR>sorry to tell u. don&#039t store images in access tables. <BR>store images in a folder, and store the url of images related to a record in the access table. example:"/app/productimages/x21.gif"<BR><BR>to display the image<BR>create rs<BR>&#039get url into memory variable<BR>x = rs("url")<BR>&#039display using img tag<BR>response.write "&#060;Img Src=" & x & "&#062;"<BR><BR><BR>&#039***********<BR>q 3:<BR>open rs<BR>if rs.eof then<BR>&#039no records<BR> Response.write "sorry, no records<BR>Else<BR> &#039display records <BR>end if<BR>