2D-Array in Application Object (newbie...)

Thread: 2D-Array in Application Object (newbie...)

Peterchen Guest

Default 2D-Array in Application Object (newbie...)

Hi,<BR>I&#039m trying to store some global data in the application object (it&#039s a 2D-Array/Collection of strings)<BR><BR>It work&#039s quite nice with something like<BR>Application("cool") = true;<BR><BR>but with<BR>Application("pages") = new Array;<BR><BR>the server responds with an error message ("cannot place object that uses apartment threading model in the intrinsic application object")<BR><BR>Yep, I can understand that - but what should I DO? I have some global data like<BR><BR>pages["foo"] = { "url" : "foo/default.asp", "text" : "good" };<BR>pages["bar"] = { "url" : "bar/default.asp", "text" : "bad" };<BR><BR>it&#039s not much, and sure not worth being put into a DB. I&#039d like it to be initalized only once (currently it&#039s in an include file and the pages variable is initialized again in every page)<BR><BR><BR>Any idea, anyone?<BR><BR>BTW (ok, it&#039s a second question) - If I do the intialization in Application_OnStart in global.asa, and I change this, when will the change be reflected for clients? (i.e. when is Application_OnStart called?)<BR><BR><BR>Thanks in Advance<BR>Peter<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>

Richard A. Lowe Guest

Default RE: 2D-Array in Application Object (newbie...)

Try storing as delimited text and re-constructing the array on the fly when you need it.<BR><BR>Richard