Value of Submit Button

Thread: Value of Submit Button

Default Value of Submit Button

I have searched this site and have been unable to find my answer. How does one determine the value of a submit button from a form on the previous page? The reason I am asking is that I have a page where I have 2 SQL strings and I want to the string to change upon clicking the submit button. Basically it is for reordering by name and high score. Any help and/or links on the site are greatly appreciated.<BR><BR>mj

Default RE: Value of Submit Button

Hi,<BR>u can use as many as submit buttons on your site.u can differentiate them with name or with value.<BR>ex:<BR>&#060;input type="submit" name="submit" value="next"&#062;<BR>&#060;input type="submit" name="submit" value="prev"&#062;<BR>in action page u can simply compare..<BR>if request.form("submit")="next" then<BR>do some thing<BR>else<BR>do some thing...<BR>one more thing..<BR>if u want to submit to two different actions..u can write like this..<BR>&#060;input type="submit" name="submit1" value="next" onClick="javascript:form.action=&#039action1.asp&# 039;form.submit();"&#062;<BR>&#060;input type="submit" name="submit2" value="prev" onClick="javascript:form.action=&#039action2.asp&# 039;form.submit();"&#062;<BR>u can try either way...<BR>all the best...<BR>srichand<BR><BR>