Content Management

Thread: Content Management

Default Content Management

Hope this isn&#039t too off topic...<BR><BR>I currently work in a web development department of two: Myself as the developer, and another who travels the company and gathers requirements. I come from a technical background and my partner has more of an "administrative" background.<BR>Our intranet serves about 150 people. Currently I have it set up with databases driving pretty much every facet of the site. Simple content can be added through forms and automatically posted. More in-depth content, and data-driven apps are developed and added by myself.<BR><BR>The only real thing we are lacking is searching capabilities. My partner is very gung ho on implementing MS Site Server for content management. I do like the fact that it will add "search" to our site, but I generally feel that it is more of a "Site Management For Dummies" piece of software. My partner says it will do great things with templates, content pushing, personalization, etc. But I can already do all of this with the code and design I have in place.<BR><BR>Can anyone lend an opinion on this? I&#039m just not sure it is worth the hassle of implementing, much less the cost. Am I missing some important pros and cons? <BR><BR>

Amjasd Server Guest

Default RE: Content Management

Hi there , <BR>your partnet is completly right. Site Server has many powerful features such as indexing and searching different types of files (word, excel, html, power point.etc..) it generates a vocabulary for these files, and categoriezes them when indexing them. Other than the many features it has you could set crawlers that could get information from differnt sources.<BR>I think imlementing it is worth the hassle.

Read Site Server 3.0 Documentation and you will find that you could build a complete knowledge base solution for an Intranet or Extranet using this tool.

Ali Guest

There are many Software applications that are solely for Content Management, with very high pricing, but, Site Server comes shipped with Windows NT option pack