Thread: CDONTS

JohnH Guest

Default CDONTS

Im using CDonts to send a bulletin to a list of addresses in a database - which works just fine. <BR>However, I cannot tell when any one or more of those addresses are invalid. If using an email client such as outlook express, any invalid mail would bounce back to me with an undelivarable mail message. Is it possible to recieve this sort of notification when the mail is sent from an asp script using Cdonts? and how?<BR><BR>Thanks in advance.<BR>JH

Mauricio C. Guest

Default RE: CDONTS

R u asking for invalid e-mail address like my,email@my@server,com? Or invalid e-mail address as in host doesn&#039t exist, or mail acct doesn&#039t exist?<BR><BR>if yer asking for the first (invalid e-mail address syntax), use the following funct:<BR><BR>Function IsValidEmail(strEmail)<BR> Dim bIsValid<BR> bIsValid = True<BR> <BR> If Len(strEmail) &#060; 5 Then<BR> bIsValid = False<BR> Else<BR> If Instr(1, strEmail, " ") &#060;&#062; 0 Then<BR> bIsValid = False<BR> Else<BR> If InStr(1, strEmail, "@", 1) &#060; 2 Then<BR> bIsValid = False<BR> Else<BR> If InStrRev(strEmail, ".") &#060; InStr(1, strEmail, "@", 1) + 2 Then<BR> bIsValid = False<BR> End If<BR> End If<BR> End If<BR> End If<BR><BR> IsValidEmail = bIsValid<BR>End Function<BR>&#039I believe I found it at, so it&#039s not mine, ok?<BR><BR>if yer talking about the second invalid e-mail address (non-existent host or e-mail acct) then just set up a RULE with your Outlook (Express?) and if it&#039s a bouncing message then move it to a folder named (bouncers?) or something like that...<BR><BR>got it?

JohnH Guest

Default to clarify

I meant when the destination email proves to be a dead account or a nonexistant server, but these emails arent being sent from a client such as outlook, they are sent from the server using CDONTS - which means - they wont bounce to my email client, even when my own address is used as the FROM address in the script that is sending them<BR>How then does one track or discover which addresses are undelivarable ?