using dll functions w/ ASP

Thread: using dll functions w/ ASP

Ed Guest

Default using dll functions w/ ASP

I have been given a dll from a vendor and an example on using some of its functions. Here is an example of using in a ASP page,<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>set myVar = server.CreateObject("CMITunnel.CMITunnel.1")<BR>my var.cbtsetpath("c: emp")<BR>myvar.cbtcreatestudentnameset "Ian", "4", "Dublin", "password"<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>I would like to use more of these functions but not having any luck. Here is a description of what I would like to use,<BR><BR>BSTR CBTReadStudentPassword ( BSTR sStudentNumber );<BR><BR>Returns the password of the student identified by the student number specified as the parameter sStudentNumber. .<BR>Parameters:<BR>1. sStudentName String containing the student name.<BR>Returns:<BR> A string containing the student password.<BR><BR>How would I use this function in the the ASP page. I know a little ASP but not enough.<BR><BR>Please Help.<BR><BR>Ed

Default RE: using dll functions w/ ASP

write <BR>&#060;%<BR>set myVar = server.CreateObject("CMITunnel.CMITunnel.1")<BR>te mpPassword = myvar.CBTReadStudentPassword(here give the student no)<BR>%&#062;<BR>I think it will work.Enjoy