Date Function Question

Thread: Date Function Question

DJ Smith Guest

Default Date Function Question

Hello...<BR><BR>I&#039m working on a If-Then conditional statement using month and day of the date function. I want to display certain holidays about a month before they occur. So I&#039m wondering if it&#039s possible to format it as mm/dd instead of mm/dd/yyyy. I hope this makes sense.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>DJ Smith <BR><BR>

2. #2 Guest

Default RE: Date Function Question

If you have not done so already download the VBScript Documentation at<BR><BR>To answer your question you will need to use the function:<BR>DatePart(interval, date[, firstdayofweek[, firstweekofyear]])<BR><BR>like so:<BR><BR>Dim dtmDate, strMonth, strDay, strResult<BR>dtmDate = Date()<BR><BR>strMonth = DatePart("m",dtmDate)<BR>strDay = DatePart("d",dtmDate)<BR><BR>strResult = strMonth & "/" & strDay<BR><BR>Good Luck<BR><BR>

DJ Smith Guest

Jobba Guest

By using the split() function you can separate out the month, day and year values into an array, then reconstruct your date in the format you want. This code uses the current date, but you can adapt it to accept variables. <BR><BR>dim mydate<BR><BR>mydate=split(date,"/")<BR>response.write mydate(0)&"/"&mydate(1)<BR><BR>