PWS for Windows 2000 Professional

Thread: PWS for Windows 2000 Professional

Katherin Guest

Default PWS for Windows 2000 Professional

I downloaded Windows NT 4.0 Option Pack. Took 4.5 hours. When I try to run the setup file, I get the following message: "The features included in the Windows NT 4.0 Option Pack are designed for Microsoft Windows NT Server Version 4.0. They do not currently run on Windows NT Server 5.0. Click OK to exit the setup."<BR><BR>I know I downloaded the correct file. I&#039m totally confused and frustrated. I&#039ve spent 1 1/2 days trying to resolve this. The Microsoft site acknowledges the fact that PWS can be loaded on either Windows NT Workstation or Windows 2000 Professional ... yet I can&#039t get it to load. Any ideas? I&#039m stuck.

Default RE: PWS for Windows 2000 Professional

control panel-&#062; add or remove programs -&#062; windows setup -&#062; add component -&#062; Internet Information Services<BR><BR>PWS for Win2kPro is on the install CD (or in your hard-disk install), and isn&#039t loaded as a separate app, but as part of windows itself.<BR><BR>IIS 4.0 cannot run on Win2k, due to differences in the COM+ architecture and several other things which are listed on the microsoft site. likewise IIS 5.0 can&#039t run on NT 4.0<BR><BR>if your PC vendor didn&#039t provide a win2k CD or Hard Disk install, go back to them and strangle them, beacause you can&#039t get IIS 5.0 online, only on the win2k CD<BR><BR>j