AddNew method Problems!!!

Thread: AddNew method Problems!!!

Prashanth.P.S Guest

Default AddNew method Problems!!!

ADODB.Recordset error &#039 800a0cb3&#039 <BR>The operation requested by the application is not supported by the provider<BR><BR>I get the error above when I try to insert a record into the table which is on Sql Server 6.5. This error is encountered after the call to recordset.AddNew. The values to be inserted into the table is stored in session variables, and then stored into the table <BR><BR>for ex: recordset.fields("something")=session("something") <BR><BR>can anybody please throw some light on this.<BR><BR><BR>thanks and regards,<BR>Prashanth

Mark Hoffman Guest

Default RE: AddNew method Problems!!!

Have you tried changing your cursor? I&#039ve always used Connection.Execute with a INSERT INTO SQL statement, but I seem to recall remembering having an issue with cursors and .Addnew&#039s.<BR><BR>Mark Hoffman<BR>D Animation Multimedia and Web Design<BR>mark@d-animation.com<BR>

Default RE: AddNew method Problems!!!

using your notations only,<BR><BR>your recordset.AddNew is fine but while inserting into the database, why not try <BR><BR>recordset("fields") = Request.Form("xyz")<BR><BR>the input parameter to the recordset object(i.e "fields" in our case) should be the same as the name of the session variable in which you are storing the data. eg. value=&#060;% session("fields")&#037;&#062;<BR><BR>I hope it works. Atleast mine did. All the best.<BR>