thumbnail to big picture

Thread: thumbnail to big picture

gq Guest

Default thumbnail to big picture

I have a page that calls up the picture from the server, if there is one. If there is no picture of that name, then it does not display anything. The picture that it calls up is a thumbnail, and I want to be able to click on it to display the larger picture in the "vehicle_pictures" folder.<BR><BR>Here is the code that pulls up the thumbnail ( the larger picture is " & trim (rs.fields("tvin").value) & "_1b.jpg"):<BR><BR>Set objTextFile = objFSO.OpenTextFile("e:inetpubclients3000cars.comv ehicle_photos\" & trim(rs.fields("tvin").value) & "_1.jpg")<BR>filestring = objTextFile.Read(3)<BR>if filestring &#060;&#062; "" then<BR> response.write "&#060;img src=&#039../vehicle_photos/" & trim(rs.fields("tvin").value) & "_1.jpg&#039 border=&#039 1&#039 hspace=&#039 2&#039 vspace=&#039 2&#039&#062;<BR>&#060;/A&#062;"<BR>end if<BR>objTextFile.Close<BR>filestring = ""<BR><BR>thank you

Default Very basic HTML...

You need to go find a very basic HTML tutorial...this is one of the first things that any HTML author learns to do.<BR><BR>It&#039s not hard:<BR><BR>&#060;A HREF="../vehicle_pictures/86corvette_1b.jpg"&#062;<BR>&#060;IMG SRC="../vehicle_photos/86corvette_1.jpg"&#062;<BR>&#060;/A&#062;<BR><BR>You can see that generating the HREF is almost identical to generating the IMG SRC name.<BR><BR>It occurs to me that maybe you are trying to ask something more complex and that you just didn&#039t find the right words. Are you trying to ask how to show the larger image in a new window? In a particular place in the current window? Or something like that? If so, please ask again and be more explicit.<BR><BR>