Moving Files between servers

Thread: Moving Files between servers

Default Moving Files between servers

Ok, I&#039ve got a problem that&#039s been puzzling me for some time. I need to run an asp on one server that must move files between two other servers. I&#039ve been looking at ASPUpload, because of its logonuser impersonation capabilities, but I have yet to get it to create a new directory on another server, or move files without actually using a form to "upload" them. <BR><BR>I&#039d much appreciate it if someone could help me out with any suggestions...<BR><BR>carrie.

Richard A. Lowe Guest

Default RE: Moving Files between servers

Can you set up an FTP service on one of the servers? If so, you could use ASPExec to execute ftp commands to move the file. If not you can either set up scripts on the receiving server to &#039pull&#039 the file through methods I could show you. Or if you need to &#039push&#039 the file over HTTP - (this would be the most complicated solution, I think) a form or Win application on the receiving server would wait for incoming HTTP POSTs and the pushing server would (of course) perform that post.<BR><BR>Let me know which of these seems likely and I&#039ll help if I can<BR>Richard<BR>

Sean Guest

Default RE: Moving Files between servers

try something like this. It basicly uses a txt file with a list of ftp commands in it.<BR><BR>ExecName = "c:winntsystem32ftp.exe -s:c:inetpubwwwrootftp.txt"<BR><BR>Set WShShell = Server.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")<BR>RetCode = WShShell.Run(ExecName, 1,true)<BR><BR>if RetCode = 0 Then<BR> Response.Write "The script executed successfully."<BR>else<BR> Response.write "Oh bummer"<BR>end if<BR><BR>the file just needs to have a username password to login to the ftp server then just a list of put commands or mkdir commands to more files and directory making