Help Help Help - First ASP Job

Thread: Help Help Help - First ASP Job

Kevin Guest

Default Help Help Help - First ASP Job

Hello World ;)<BR><BR>I am going for my first interview as ASP developer and I have heard that they are giving "an assessment exam". Has anyone gone through one of these? Please give me an idea as to what to expect and topics that I should/shouldn&#039t review.<BR><BR>Thanks for you time<BR>Kevin

Steve Cimino Guest

Default Simple

If you don&#039t know the answer, don&#039t BS them. Say "I don&#039t know, but I could find the answer through [MSDN, Internet, whatever]"<BR><BR>Make sure you&#039re going to an interview that is appropriate to your skills. Don&#039t take an interview that is looking for an intermediate to advanced level.<BR><BR>

Rob Guest

Default RE: Help Help Help - First ASP Job

Have done several of these in the last three years....<BR><BR>They are usually logic tests to see your problem solving skills. <BR><BR>At Microsoft they usually have you white board out some solution to a simple problem they present such as looping through arrays to pull out specific #&#039s, basic SQL connection and a simple SQL query, alot of stuff like that to see you think on your feet under pressure.<BR><BR>Regards,<BR>Rob