Protecting Everything

Thread: Protecting Everything

Default Protecting Everything

I&#039ve just read the article &#039Protecting Everything&#039 and it explains quite well exactly what I&#039ve been trying to accomplish. However, there&#039s one problem now.<BR>Using the code outlined in the article, any file that is returned is returned as the ASP filename that is doing the fetching of the file. Is there a way to set the filename that is being downloaded to the same name as the actual file that is being retrieved?<BR>

Default RE: Protecting Everything

Seeing as there have been no responses to this thus far, I am posting a link to the article to which I&#039ve referenced. Hopefully someone can take a look through it and give me a hand?<BR><BR>http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/081199-1.shtml<BR><BR>Thanks..<BR>

Default RE: Protecting Everything

Has any workaround to this problem been found? I also am trying to allow users to download the PDF file to their hard drive as well as view it. If they download it, the default file name is the asp page (ShowFile.asp in the article) that is being used to serve the pdf file.<BR>Any suggestions?