Printing A Page When I Click A Button on my page.

Thread: Printing A Page When I Click A Button on my page.

Tom Mulcahy Guest

Default Printing A Page When I Click A Button on my page.

i want to print an HTML document by pushing a button. Instead of the user pulling up the document and then going to "File, Print",<BR>I want to just list the document title with a Print button next to it, then print the document to their default printer. Can this be done?<BR>Any assistance or ideas will be greatly appreciated.<BR><BR>Tomm_07436@yahoo.com

Default RE: Printing A Page When I Click A Button on my p

I had the same problem not to far back and could not find a way to just print the page... the closest I have found is a bit of javascript that will bring up the print window and the user just has to click ok.<BR><BR>&#060;SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript"&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;!-- Begin<BR>if (window.print) {<BR>document.write(&#039&#060;form&#062;Click on button to print this page. &#039<BR>+ &#039&#060;input type=button name=print value="Print" &#039<BR>+ &#039onClick="javascript:window.print()"&#062; &#060;/form&#062;&#039);<BR>}<BR>// End --&#062;<BR>&#060;/script&#062;

Default RE: Printing A Page When I Click A Button on my p

&nbsp;<BR>i found this on one of these message boards the other day, i&#039ve not tested it yet but it&#039s supposed to work across all browsers. <BR><BR><BR>http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex11/other1.htm