Newbie question concerning "ad rotator"

Thread: Newbie question concerning "ad rotator"

Default Newbie question concerning "ad rotator"

Hello,<BR><BR>I&#039ve been playing around with the "ad rotator" described here:<BR><BR><BR><BR>Now I was wondering if there is a way to make ads open up in a new window (ie, add target="_blank" or something to the link code)<BR><BR>Thank you.<BR><BR>Lars (ASP newbie)

Default MS Ad rotator is pretty dumb...

&#062; Now I was wondering if there is a way to make ads open up in a <BR>&#062; new window <BR><BR>I don&#039t see any way, after reading the MS docs.<BR><BR>You could Redirect to a page that would *then* split apart, but by then your original page with the banner on it is gone.<BR><BR>Maybe we need to create a better Ad Rotator?<BR><BR>You know, there is really zero reason you couldn&#039t write your own better one, putting the info that MS stores in a text file into an Application variable (as an array), instead. It could easily be more powerful (for example, you could build in statistics gathering easily!) and more flexible and probably only a tiny bit slower (if at all...Server.CreateObject isn&#039t lightning fast).<BR><BR>I never did understand why MS made this into a component, especially such a braindead component. It&#039s so dirt simple to implement in VBS (or JS, if you are so inclined) code.<BR><BR>