Re: Bill's mantra: DEBUG DEBUG DEBUG (Bill Wil

Thread: Re: Bill's mantra: DEBUG DEBUG DEBUG (Bill Wil

James Brash Guest

Default Re: Bill's mantra: DEBUG DEBUG DEBUG (Bill Wil

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>UPDATE tblNEWS SET Title = &#039Welcome Culture&#039, Text = &#039As you may already know, We obtained Mace and Luco from =BC= as they were looking for a second clan. Following that I have also asked the ex =BC= Solly/Ng Culture to join us. He has been with us for aobut 2 weeks now i think, so this news woas long overdue - sorry keep forgetin :( Other news - Thanks to Naturals Brother, we now dont have a server (bit to do with me as well - but it will be worth it). So, as negotations continue with jolt, i will have to re-apply for a server. Oh well as long as we got it by Start of UKTFCL season 5, not likely :( Other news, My quest for the ex ~A~Vitirol continues, bit of wooing and we might be luckey. As LIMO has left us we need Vit asap. Finially- BI BI LIMO thanks for playing for 187 :) RIght, Think thats about it, it really needed doing :) &#039 WHERE ID = 70<BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR> <BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80040e14&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error in UPDATE statement. <BR><BR>/Doc/editnewsfin2.asp, line 38 <BR><BR>thanks for your help Bill

Default Hmmm...nothing leaps out...

I don&#039t see any problems with the quoted string. Unless there&#039s a NEWLINE character hiding in there that can&#039t be seen here in the forum.<BR><BR>HOWEVER... Isn&#039t TEXT a reserved word??? If you use a reserved word for a field name, you need to surround it in [...] in your queries. Try using [Text] in that and see what you get. And/or try using a shorter string you *know* has no funny characters in it.<BR><BR>Hey! One thing you could do: Do a Server.URLEncode on the string. Not for permanent storage; just so you&#039d detect any funny characters (such as newlines, etc.) sitting in there.<BR><BR>