Creating an ASP+ DLL

Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Creating an ASP+ DLL

  1. #1
    BillB Guest

    Default Creating an ASP+ DLL

    Does anyone know how I can create an ASP+ dll and access it from a web page like:<BR>Import Namespace="System.Data"<BR><BR>I have successfuly created a dll and all the documentation says is that I have to put in in my BIN directory. But when I do that I get an error everytime I try to Import it. It says it can not find it.<BR><BR>How do I make it available to a web page?<BR><BR>Thanks

  2. #2
    Jeff Young Guest

    Default RE: Creating an ASP+ DLL

    In your ASPX page, include a Register directive with some values for TagPrefix and Namespace. Namespace needs to match the namespace you gave your control when building it.<BR><BR>ASPX:<BR>&#060;%@ Register TagPrefix="mWU" Namespace="myWebUI" %&#062;<BR><BR>C#:<BR>using System;<BR>using System.ComponentModel;<BR>using System.Diagnostics;<BR>using System.Web;<BR>using System.Web.UI;<BR>using System.Web.UI.WebControls;<BR><BR>namespace myWebUI {<BR>public class myWebTextBox : TextBox {<BR>... control code...<BR>}<BR>}<BR><BR>Further in ASPX:<BR>&#060;mWU:myWebTextBox<BR>runat="server"< BR>...<BR>/&#062;<BR><BR>If you&#039re coding VB, the statements shown here in C# are close enough to what you&#039re familiar to looking at so a conversion should be trivial.<BR><BR>And yes, make sure your .DLL is in your site&#039s in directory.<BR><BR>If this doesn&#039t help, post some code (from your control and your ASPX file) so that we can all take a look.

  3. #3
    Bbrock Guest

    Default RE: Creating an ASP+ DLL

    I got it to work finally. Strange thing. First of all I have a project in a directory called inetpubwwwrootprinting. All my files are in that directory. So I assumed that I needed to put a bin directory under the printing directory. But that was not the case. It needed to go under the wwwroot directory. Still can&#039t figure that one out. But that still did not make things work totally. I was still getting an error message telling me that my class name was ambiguous. When I changed the class name everything started to work fine.<BR><BR>I had my namespace called "msILSInc"<BR>My class name was "ILSInc"<BR><BR>Should not cause a problem. But it did. So I changed the class name to "ILS" and everything started to work fine. I really do not have a clear reason why this happened but it works now and I am happy.<BR><BR>Thanks for the information. I am sure that we will see some strange things from using a pre beta product. But I really like what I see so far. ASP+ makes developing web sites much easier. I am able to create business object that work with my site much easier than using just palin ASP.<BR><BR>I see a bright future for these products.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts