another go at carrying the URl to the next page

Thread: another go at carrying the URl to the next page

alan keeble Guest

Default another go at carrying the URl to the next page

I got an answer to this but it doesn&#039t work. My problem is this.<BR><BR>I have a page of urls that is called in from a text file. The operator clicks on one goes to a completley different site and then comes back via the back browser button or closing a second window. <BR><BR>If the operator thinks its a good site and worhty of storing they should be able to click a button on the bottom of the page that carries the URL to an input box on a different page. If you try using HTTP_Referer you only get my page of URLs not the site that was visited. <BR><BR>How can I get the URL that was clicked and visited to carry across to the final input form.<BR><BR>alan<BR><BR>

Default RE: another go at carrying the URl to the next pag

okay, i see what you&#039re getting at now. presumably you list the urls as links that they click on to see if they like them? why not have a check box beside each link, so they look at the site and then go back to your page and tick the box if they like it, then when they submit the form you carry the links that are checked through to the final input form. <BR><BR>if you&#039re opening the the site in another window i don&#039t immediately see how you can capture that url, and also the user may navigate a bit through that site, so you may end up with a different url than the one in your database.

SPC Systems Guest

Default RE: another go at carrying the URl to the next pag

Maybe your problem could be handled by using Request.Query.<BR><BR><BR>Consider this scenario :<BR><BR><BR>1.<BR><BR>In links use something like this:<BR><BR>http://www.yoursite.com/popularlist.asp?site=&#060;%=URLfromYourList%&#062 ;<BR><BR>2.<BR><BR>Create a redirection page popularlist.asp<BR><BR>You can handle users choice like this:<BR><BR> UserChoice=Request.QueryString("site")<BR><BR>Now, you have the URL and can store it let&#039s say in db. <BR><BR>Then, redirect them to the page:<BR><BR> Response.Redirect "UserChoice"<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>I don&#039t know if this can help you in your case?<BR><BR><BR>Good Luck,<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>