Database or IIS5 Problems

Thread: Database or IIS5 Problems

GC Guest

Default Database or IIS5 Problems

I wrote this ASPcode, then made the DSN and the Access 2000 file to go along with them. However when I run the script I get the following error, dispite the fact that the database is only tring to be opened by me, and has been made writable:<BR><BR>Technical Information (for support personnel)<BR><BR>Error Type:<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)<BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file &#039(unknown)&#039. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.<BR>/adduser.asp, line 7<BR><BR><BR>Browser Type:<BR>Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows NT 5.0) <BR><BR>Page:<BR>POST 118 bytes to /adduser.asp<BR><BR>POST Data:<BR>email=w&FirstName=w&LastName=w&Address1=w &Address2=w&City=w&State=w&PostalCode=w&Country=w& Password=w&VerifyPassword=w <BR><BR>Time:<BR>Thursday, September 21, 2000, 11:02:56 AM <BR><BR>Here is the code:<BR><BR>&#060;!-- #include file="" --&#062;<BR>&#060;%<BR>&#039 Create a RecordSet object<BR>Set Rs = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.RecordSet")<BR><BR>&#03 9 Open the table<BR>Rs.Open "tUsers", "LoginDSN", adOpenKeySet, adLockPessimistic, adCmdTable<BR><BR>&#039 Add a new record<BR>Rs.AddNew<BR>Rs("EMail") = Request.Form("email")<BR>Rs("FirstName") = Request.Form("FirstName")<BR>Rs("LastName") = Request.Form("LastName")<BR>Rs("Address1") = Request.Form("Address1")<BR>Rs("Address2") = Request.Form("Address2")<BR>Rs("City") = Request.Form("City")<BR>Rs("State") = Request.Form("State")<BR>Rs("PostalCode") = Request.Form("PostalCode")<BR>Rs("Country") = Request.Form("Country")<BR>Rs("Password") = Request.Form("Password")<BR><BR>&#039 Update the record<BR>Rs.Update<BR><BR>&#039 Retrive the ID<BR>lUserID = Rs("UserID")<BR><BR>&#039 Close the RecordSet<BR>Rs.Close<BR>Set Rs = Nothing<BR><BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>Is it an IIS thing, Access or ASP? I previously has this script working with a smaller Access 97 Database? Somebody please help,<BR>any response will be greatly appreciated!

Ryan S Guest

Default RE: Database or IIS5 Problems

Possible solutions:<BR><BR>First, check the NTFS permission. Ensure that the "Everyone" group has read/write permissions<BR><BR>Second, ensure the directory has script (ASP), read, and write permissions set on it.<BR><BR>Next, ensure that the DSN is a system DSN, and not a User DSN. This is crucial because the IIS ASP process will come under the user of IUSR_Machinename, not the username you created the DSN under. Thus, system DSN is *crucial*<BR><BR>God bless<BR> Ryan