Database Write Problems

Thread: Database Write Problems

GC Guest

Default Database Write Problems

I wrote this ASPcode, then made the DSN and the Access 2000 file to go along with them. However when I run the script I get the following error, dispite the fact that the database is only tring to be opened by me, and has been made writable:<BR><BR>Technical Information (for support personnel)<BR><BR>Error Type:<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)<BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file &#039(unknown)&#039. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.<BR>/adduser.asp, line 7<BR><BR><BR>Browser Type:<BR>Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows NT 5.0) <BR><BR>Page:<BR>POST 118 bytes to /adduser.asp<BR><BR>POST Data:<BR>email=w&FirstName=w&LastName=w&Address1=w &Address2=w&City=w&State=w&PostalCode=w&Country=w& Password=w&VerifyPassword=w <BR><BR>Time:<BR>Thursday, September 21, 2000, 11:02:56 AM <BR><BR>Here is the code:<BR><BR>&#060;!-- #include file="" --&#062;<BR>&#060;%<BR>&#039 Create a RecordSet object<BR>Set Rs = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.RecordSet")<BR><BR>&#03 9 Open the table<BR>Rs.Open "tUsers", "LoginDSN", adOpenKeySet, adLockPessimistic, adCmdTable<BR><BR>&#039 Add a new record<BR>Rs.AddNew<BR>Rs("EMail") = Request.Form("email")<BR>Rs("FirstName") = Request.Form("FirstName")<BR>Rs("LastName") = Request.Form("LastName")<BR>Rs("Address1") = Request.Form("Address1")<BR>Rs("Address2") = Request.Form("Address2")<BR>Rs("City") = Request.Form("City")<BR>Rs("State") = Request.Form("State")<BR>Rs("PostalCode") = Request.Form("PostalCode")<BR>Rs("Country") = Request.Form("Country")<BR>Rs("Password") = Request.Form("Password")<BR><BR>&#039 Update the record<BR>Rs.Update<BR><BR>&#039 Retrive the ID<BR>lUserID = Rs("UserID")<BR><BR>&#039 Close the RecordSet<BR>Rs.Close<BR>Set Rs = Nothing<BR><BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>Is it an IIS thing, Access or ASP? I previously has this script working with a smaller Access 97 Database? Somebody please help,<BR>any response will be greatly appreciated!

Asphead Guest

Default RE: Database Write Problems

Ive seen a similar problem with 97, but dont know if the same problems relate to 2000. If not, Im sure someone will correct me ;^) <BR><BR>Try checking:<BR><BR>1. The lock file may be created. If you have Access open with the database at the same time you are running the ASP program this could (or has with 97) cause lockout. If you dont have Access open, check to make sure the lock file does not exist for the db. If it does, delete it.<BR><BR>2. Check your permissions. You said you had this working b4 so you probablly already checked this. IUSR needs to have RWED privs on directory the db file is in. <BR><BR>Good luck