How to run PWS for ASP testing /w @home cable conn

Thread: How to run PWS for ASP testing /w @home cable conn

Jinho Choi Guest

Default How to run PWS for ASP testing /w @home cable conn

I just installed @home cable modem and I can&#039t use PWS because @home doesn&#039t allow you to run a internet server.. But, I have to test my ASP codes on a server though... How can I do that?

Default RE: How to run PWS for ASP testing /w @home cable

Hmmm, I&#039m curious about your statement about @home not allowing you to run a server... I have @home and use PWS. The only thing I can think of is that you will have to use your IP address and actually go out to the web to browse your creation. The only problem is that anyone else can as well. So I would (and do) use a personal firewall or not leave PWS on all the time.

My understanding is that @home does not want you to run a server per your service contract but you can actually run a site. In fact we can hit my friends @home IIS based site over the web.<BR><BR>What we do believe @home does is throttle your OUTGOING speed/bandwidth so that you effectively can&#039t run a big commercial site. Other than that there shouldn&#039t be any hurdles to puting up a small site to test out your "chops"<BR>

Here are more details, I have Cable modem....and PWS works fine... just type your http://localhost.&#060;where ever you file is&#062;.html and you should be fine.<BR><BR>Cheers<BR>Carey