Is My Web Host Company B.S.'ing Me?

Thread: Is My Web Host Company B.S.'ing Me?

Cheryl Guest

Default Is My Web Host Company B.S.'ing Me?

For the past several weeks, all my ASP pages in my website have been intermittantly inaccessible. If you click on a hyperlink that points to an ASP page, the web browser just hangs... and hangs... and hangs -- while my html pages are fine. I have to call my web host to re-start IIS.<BR><BR>My web host says that whenever IIS encounters a bad ASP script (in either my website or another website that shares my server), it will hang. <BR><BR>Is this true? Do I have to check my ASP pages every hour just to make sure that they are accessible? This happens at LEAST three times during a given day. Shouldn&#039t they be monitoring this themselves?<BR><BR>Is my web host b.s.&#039ing me??!??!

Default RE: Is My Web Host Company B.S.'ing Me?

I know that on my Intranet development server running IIS 4.0 when I try to run an asp page with bad script It opens the script debugger on the server to the line that it has a problem with so next time ask them about that and they should be able to tell you the code line it hung on<BR><BR>Steve Miller

Jason Buck Guest

Default RE: Is My Web Host Company B.S.'ing Me?

They are not B.S. ing you with the exception that the script should time out. When you get a loop that becomes endless, it will not run until the end of time because the script will time out. You ISP should have some set to do this.<BR>This could cause 100% CPU Utilization until the page times out.<BR><BR>If the page get&#039s an error message then that should instantly release the CPU Utilization.<BR><BR>So ask them how long they have the IIS Script time out set to.<BR><BR>Respectfully,<BR><BR>Jason Buck<BR>webmaster@wnj.com