Refresh page as read record

Thread: Refresh page as read record

Lynn Maharet Guest

Default Refresh page as read record

Hi all..<BR><BR>This is pretty major to me and this is the last component for me<BR>to complete my project .. so pleeezzz help me..<BR><BR>I have to display a record info in a table..<BR>The are buttons back and forward..<BR>Back will display the previous record and forward will display the next record..Roughly how do I accomplish this..the steps maybe..Thanks so much....!! ;)

Chrace Guest

Default RE: Refresh page as read record

Dunno if there&#039s smarter ways, but a work-around would be:<BR>i = 0<BR>set oRS = oConn.Execute(sSql)<BR>Do While not (oRS.EOF or bFound)<BR> i = i + 1<BR> If i = CInt(Request("item")) Then<BR> bFound = true<BR> Response.write("&#060;a href=thispage.asp?item=" & i - 1 & "&#062;Previous&#060;/a&#062; ")<BR> Response.write(oRS("field_to_show"))<BR> Response.write("&#060;a href=thispage.asp?item=" & i + 1 & "&#062;Next&#060;/a&#062;")<BR> End If<BR> oRS.MoveNext<BR>Loop<BR><BR>This is just the idea, mess with it untill you have it the way you want - and make the checks for i &#060; 1, i &#062; oRS.RecordCount and empty table.