UNSOLVED PROBLEM FROM TWO DAYS

Thread: UNSOLVED PROBLEM FROM TWO DAYS

Default UNSOLVED PROBLEM FROM TWO DAYS

hi,<BR><BR>GOT A PROBLEM. HOPE SOME ONE WILL GIVE ME THIER VALUABLE SUGGESTION.<BR>I HAVE TO DISPLAY STATASTICS IN FORM OF GRAPHS IN MY ASP PAGE. WHAT I PLAN TO DO IS DEVELOP ACTIVE X CONTROLS IN VB USING MSCHART CONTROL AND DISPLAY THEM IN ASP,<BR><BR>BUT PROBLEM IS IN IEXPLORER THEY WORK FINE BUT IN NETSCAPE ACTIVE X CONTROLS DOSENT WORK. CAN ANY ONE SUGGEST ME ANY WAY BY WHICH I CAN MAKE IT WORK IN NETSCAPE ALSO AND <BR><BR>DO TELL ME IF THERE IS ANY OTHER WAY IN DOING THIS OR ANY READY CONTROLS AVAILABLE IN ASP TO DISPLAY GRPAHS.<BR><BR>THANKS IN ADVANCE,<BR><BR>SUDHEER<BR><BR>

Sharad Birmiwal Guest

Default RE: UNSOLVED PROBLEM FROM TWO DAYS

hi sudheer,<BR>i am very new to asp, but i can tell you this that netscape navigator is very much different from msie. i have made several pages in msie but they work half the best in netscape.<BR>i found that there are many things that work differently, and i am talking of major differnce. it is quite difficult to make such pages for netscape.<BR>i have visited many sites with cool animation and stuff. when i look at the source of the pages, the solution i get is a remark that the person tried very hard to make the page compatible with both the browesers but in the end it didnot work out so.<BR>so, i would recommend that you are better off without making it compatible with netscape.<BR><BR>hope i was of help<BR>

Indian Guest

Abbey gadhey.. suhdheer... <BR>activex control NETSCAPE main kaisa chalega... woh ek security issue bam jata hai , dear...<BR>kuch aur use kar... try some FREE custom made components on the net... <BR>abhi yeh mat puch mere kop ki aisey components kahan pe miltey hain...<BR>dil pe mat le yaar...<BR>mil jayega...<BR>

Chrace Guest

I usually use server side ActiveX development - though it might not be super with very large numbers of users.<BR>Idea:<BR>Make an ActiveX component that can create a jpg image with the chart from a data input - mschart can do this.<BR>Feed the ActiveX component serverside, deliver the picture back. No ActiveX is needed clientside and all browsers can understand a jpeg image.<BR><BR>And btw, caps lock can actually be turned off.

Rohit Arora Guest

Sudheer, why dont you use an activeX component for this. One such component is ShotGraph by software artisans. Check at www.softartisans.com. Or if possible get the CD that comes with ASP 2.0 Unleashed. A demo version of this component is placed there.

Per Oksvold Guest

Chrase: Where did you find the needed MSChart cab file? Me and many more here have asked for it though no one answers.<BR><BR>Would be delighted if you could help us out!<BR><BR>Thanks, sincerly<BR><BR>//Per

Per Oksvold Guest

A nice fella mailed me and told me about IntrChart, that were to do approx the same thing as MSChart. Check it out at: http://www.compsysaus.com.au/IntrChart/index.asp<BR><BR>//Per

Mayur Here Guest

Hi,<BR> I also have faced the same problem. This problem is basically with registering of COM objects. Since IE & COM are working in monopoly manner so..<BR>Solution for this is to make com objects from EJB. U can make object from some one else and then can work out in u&#039r project.<BR><BR>Mayur

Mayur Here Guest

There are many HTML tags which can workout in one browser while not in other.Those tags are nonstandard tags. Even this problem is related with com objects used with different browser.Since COM concept & IE is from MS so COM can work out with IE but quite difficult with NN.<BR>So while using tag check for it standard & then use it. For COM components use JB.<BR>Mayur