Microsoft OLE DB error ' 80004005'

Thread: Microsoft OLE DB error ' 80004005'

John S. Guest

Default Microsoft OLE DB error ' 80004005'

I&#039ve been using databases for my site for a while now, but I am beginning to get the following error:<BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Cannot open database &#039(unknown)&#039. It may not be a database that your application recognizes, or the file may be corrupt. <BR><BR>Does anyone know what causes this error? The site will work fine for a while, but then that error will come up. I know that the file is not corrupt, and is in the proper location. This is the code I am using to connect to the Access DB:<BR><BR>Dim MyConn, MdbFilePath, RS, Pass<BR>Set MyConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>MdbFile Path = Server.MapPath("/alefgard/database/pagedata.mdb")<BR>Pass = "[removed]"<BR>MyConn.Open "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" & MdbFilePath & ";" & " PASSWORD=" & Pass & ";"<BR><BR>Set RS = MyConn.Execute("SELECT * FROM PageInfo WHERE (Page=&#039" & thisPage & "&#039 AND Directory=&#039" & thisDirectory & "&#039)")<BR>Dim ds<BR>ds = RS.GetRows<BR>Set RS = Nothing<BR>MyConn.close<BR>Set MyConn = Nothing

Default RE: Microsoft OLE DB error ' 80004005'

I know you aren&#039t going to want to hear this (or already agree)...but Access sucks. :) But I digress.<BR><BR>I have seen this happen as well at some clients site and from what I can remember is they ended up either copying the database with a new name and DSN and/or converting to SQL Server (and if I remember correctly this happened after it ran fine for 2 or more years) it may/may not be some kind of Access limitation.<BR><BR>It also may be worth your time to search MSDN. Good luck.