Can this be done.

Thread: Can this be done.

Default Can this be done.

SQL="SELECT CD FROM Store WHERE Purchase_Date LIKE #"&newtime&"%#"<BR>Now here&#039s the problem. My field Purchase_Date is a FULL date/time, meaning 9/18/00 4:45 PM. My newtime field is just a regular short date-9/18/00. I want to select the CD only where the dates match. However being that the two fields are different, I am trying to add a wildcard character (%) to the newtime. But no matter where or how, I try to put it there, it&#039s just not in the right place. Can it be done- a wildcard with a date? What am I missing here?

iyyappan n iyer Guest

Default RE: Can this be done.

create a rs with out condition<BR>move to first record<BR><BR>&#039then loop thru all record<BR>Do until Rs.Eof<BR><BR>&#039extract date from datetime field<BR>&#039using date handler functions<BR>&#039compare it with short date value<BR>&#039if they are equal then <BR>&#039write record to user or do any other process u like<BR><BR><BR>Rs.MoveNext<BR>Loop

Default Of coure it can!

You basically need to get anything that happened on that day so...<BR><BR>SELECT CD FROM Store WHERE Purchase_Date between newtime and dateadd(dd,1,newtime)<BR><BR>i think this should be a lot easier/quicker than the other post.<BR><BR>