HELP!!!!! freakin odbc unspecified error

Thread: HELP!!!!! freakin odbc unspecified error

c-bass Guest

Default HELP!!!!! freakin odbc unspecified error

Someone please Help.<BR><BR>Im using odbc to read an Excel file with ASP but everytime I modify the excel spreadsheet I get this error when I try to access it again.<BR><BR>Provider error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR><BR>Unspecified error <BR><BR>And I found that making a small modification to the asp code, running it, then removing the modification will fix the problem?!?!?<BR>That or I have to wait about 20-30 minutes before it goes away on its own. Anyone know what the hell is going on?<BR><BR>sberesni@cisco.com<BR>saboosh@cs.washin gton.edu

Zola Guest

Default RE: HELP!!!!! freakin odbc unspecified error

Just a thought? As I&#039m sure you know, when you open a session with your ASP and it doesn&#039t close, the database.ldb file takes 20 to 30 minutes to go away....do you think there&#039s some kind of relation?<BR><BR>PS: Thanks for your suggestions about my database, I am going to check them out.

Rob W Guest

Default RE: HELP!!!!! freakin odbc unspecified error

I am getting the same error while trying to open a connection with an Access Database. This is a recent error. I think that it has something to do with an open connection to the database that is not closed. I am able to open the initial connection, but unable to open any additional connections. All web pages individually try to open connections to the database to retrieve data. Good luck.