""""How can we know?????????

Thread: """"How can we know?????????

Default """"How can we know?????????

hai,<BR>to come to my site there are 3 ways.. one is by clicking a link from search engine, 2nd directly and 3rd method is by clicking a banner. Now what i want is those who come by clicking BANNER they should get a small window which give the url of our site. "How can i know that a person came to my site by clicking the banner". Is it possible to know it?? if so how. can anyone of you faced this situation if so can you please tell me how you solved this problem. <BR><BR>thanks in advance<BR>sree

Default Look in Request.ServerVariables

one of the ServerVariables will tell you where the user came from to get to the current page:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>fromURL = Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_REFERER")<BR>%&#062; <BR><BR>It can be blank, if the user typed the URL in directly.<BR><BR>Of course, another, probably better, way is to have the URL in all banner ads actually do something like:<BR><BR>&#060;A HREF="http://yoursite.com/fromBanner.asp?bannerSite=731AX"&#062;<BR>&#060;IM G Src="...your banner ad..."&#062;<BR>&#060;/A&#062;<BR><BR>That way you have perfect tracking when a banner ad is clicked on...your "fromBanner.asp" page simply records the value of Request.QueryString("bannerSite") in a log or database and then does a Response.Redirect to the real main page.<BR><BR>