VBScript or Javascript?

Thread: VBScript or Javascript?

Default VBScript or Javascript?

Which is better, VBScript or Javascript, or is it just a matter of personal preference?<BR><BR>I am totally new to asp and databases and need help deciding which language to start learning.<BR><BR>If it makes any difference, I will be accessing an access database using an OLEDB connection - this will probably be upgraded to SQL server in the future.<BR><BR>Thanks

Default Personal preference, mainly

I can see some justification for using JScript, since you will surely want to use JavaScript in all your client code (unless you have a captive MSIE-only audience).<BR><BR>On the other hand, something like 96% of all example code you will find for ASP will be written in VBScript. So it&#039s easier to swipe...er, I mean acquire...code from the various ASP sites if you use VBS.<BR><BR>Each language has features not available in the other. <BR><BR>I might note that you *can* mix VBS and JS client-side code! VBS can call functions written in JS and vice versa. (They can&#039t access each other&#039s variables, and VBS arrays remain a real pain to JS users, but functions can bridge the gap pretty nicely.)<BR><BR>